Re: upstream bug reporting tool?

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 04:04:38AM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> how should an DD handle upstream bug reporting scripts (e.g. pre configured
> Gnats clients)? ircii for example ships a "ircbug" program for that purpose.
> I left it out, cause I expected the debian user to use the debian bug
> reporting. This has the advantage, that the ircii author is not bothered
> with upstream bugs. In case of ircii the work with the upstream author works
> pretty well, he even reads debian bugs himself and sends me hints on how to
> close them.

You're fortunate, more than one upstream I've dealt with HATES the Debian
BTS and its silly email-only control mechanism, lack of authentication,
lack of attachment handling, and inclusion of email addresses unfrobbed on
web pages, and its over-verbosity when it comes to all of the mail headers
and suchlike.

These people then praise bugzilla and I feel the need to be suddenly ill
given that the thing just about requires javascript to be sane, and has
basically no email-based manipulation of the bug system at all.

Guess you just can't win either way.  =p

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>          If this sig were funny...

<Epsilon3> Knghtbrd, if we wanted a lameass remark we would have said:
           Hey, neckro