Re: possible start of mass bug reports (was: libtool cruft in .la files in /usr/lib)

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 04:09:52PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>

> > > libarts does not depend on libltdl. And only few packages do.

> > libpspell4 does

> libpspell4 is not on my list. But libaspell10. And libaspell10 does not
> depend on libltdl.

I'm afraid you have this backwards.  The packages in your list are the
ones shipping .la files with libraries; they do not use libltdl, they
are used *by* other packages that use libltdl.

To identify which packages contain spurious .la files, you would need to
generate a list of packages that depend on libltdl and then determine
(possibly by hand) what other libraries they might load via libltdl.

Or better yet, we could wipe out libltdl altogether...

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer