Re: possible start of mass bug reports (was: libtool cruft in .la files in /usr/lib)

#include <hallo.h>
Domenico Andreoli wrote on Wed Jul 10, 2002 um 01:59:24PM:
> On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 09:40:59AM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > Imho yes. Independent of your mail, I just filed a bug against libarts,
> > since having .la files in the library runtime packages makes different
> > versions not installable at the same time. See #152485, see below.
> >
> you are right, but how manage thos, like pspell-ispell, that need to be
> ltldloaded?

Hardcoding the SONAME into the plugin/program that wishes to ldopen a
library. Why do you think that using a name from .la would be the safest
way? Who guarantees that another library is binary compatible with the
one that your program is developed for?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
GNU GPL: "The source will be with you... always."