Re: The best recommendation for allowing "su" in X

Em Sun, 7 Jul 2002 11:11:45 -0700, Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>

> Hi, I am the author of "Debian Reference" and am soliciting learned
> opinion.
>    What recommendation should I give to the reader for "su" in X?
> Here is the back ground.  FAQ is:
>   "I want to run X from a user account. It is a good thing. But how can
>    I get a program which requires root privilege to run from this X
>    session?"
> Answer is simple and I know this:)
>   "export XAUTHORITY=$HOME/.Xauthority"

Or you could use a program that just does this instead of using su or sudo
directly... for example xsu, gksu, gksudo or gnome-sudo...

kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org> * <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>
Dúvidas sobre o Debian? Visite o Rau-Tu: http://rautu.cipsga.org.br