Mailman Permission Problem ( resend )

After apt-get install mailman
Step 1 : add newlist to the mailman.
Step 2 : update the alias and the mailman configuration
Step 3 : update the configuration from the web interface----

Problem 1
permission on /var/lib/mailman/locks a and
permission on the config.db file not allow the web interface
to get it. It is not readable and when I change the 'www-data'
group under 'list' group that still didn't seem to work. Not
sure what need to be fix. So for debuging I chmod it to 666
and it updated the file to 'www-data' and 660 mod.

Problem 2
will fail on the permission /var/lib/mailman/lists/listname/config.db
deny. For debugging I chmod it to 666 again. It updated back to list 660
and the mail will go throught. is there something wrong that I'm doing
here?

By the way for sendmail to run the ""|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post
xxxxx"
nowaday , you have to put a link in the /usr/lib/sm.bin for it to work.
e.g. in /usr/lib/sm.bin/wrapper ----> /usr/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper

I hope that explain a little.

In my understanding of the question,
The python code have world not readable on the db file and the lock
directory.
That should be correct. However, www-data and mail and list are not in
the same
group. I'm not sure how that is going to be fix? ( I change the 007 to
002 for
now ).
Alex