Re: Little things make the initial install experience painful

Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@fr.thalesgroup.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 09:21:05AM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
[...]
>> BTW I am quite happy that exim is not
>> debconfized yet, I've happily used eximconfig on RedHat systems.

> It shouldn't make any problem having both a deconfized exim
> installation and an eximconfig script around.
> I don't understand what makes you think you cannot make
> both available.

Hello,
It is no matter of whether it is a problem or not but whether the
maintainer of the debian package is willing to do completely
unnecessary work. eximconfig is provided by the debian-maintainer
not by upstream, I think it is a safe bet that _if_ he wrote a
debconf-interface he'd concentrate his efforts on it and stop
updating/supporting eximconfig.
             cu andreas
--
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest _tin_
http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~ametzler/debian/tin-snapshot/