Re: Debian on the Sharp Zaurus/SL-5xxx

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 01:23:35PM +0200, Michael Vogt wrote:

> shape. We use it at university for a emdebeded system project and the
> results are good.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of the emdebian
filesystem building tools is that they use only the files which are actually
requested.  That is, the resulting system is not based on installed Debian
packages, and it is not possible to install additional Debian packages onto
it.

A large part of the reason that I want to run Debian on the Zaurus is that I
want to be able to install Debian packages on it.

--
 - mdz