Re: Debian on the Sharp Zaurus/SL-5xxx

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 05:32:31PM -0500, The Doctor What wrote:

> I was actually tempted (and may yet) to set up debian-arm on my Zaurus
> with /var/lib/dpkg being a mount point for an NFS mount of my system at
> home.  This way, I have the stuff saved, but I never need it for
> day-to-day usage of my visor.
>
> Too bad you can't write arbitrary backends for /var/lib/dpkg.....

For my test system, I have my entire Debian chroot on an NFS mount, to give
me more space to work in, and better performance than SD.

I would like for /var/lib/dpkg specifically to be local so that it is
possible to install/remove software without being connected to a local
network, only the Internet.

--
 - mdz