Re: slrn SSL with gnutls

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 19:50:53 +0100
"Andrew McDonald" <andrew@mcdonald.org.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 04:32:22AM +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> >
> > I just made an effort to use this to compile GNUnet against gnutls, it
> > doesnt work as RSA isnt defined.
> >
> > GNUnet is GPL so linking to openssl is a problem.
> Well, I only just started working on this today, so it is *far* from
> complete as yet.
> slrn only uses a small part of openssl. I'll be gradually extending it
> until more things work.

well, im not having much luck, the RSA struct drags in the openssl structs
rsa_st, crypto_ex_data_st, rsa_meth_st, bn_mont_ctx_st, bignum_ctx,
bignum_st and last of all stack_st, totalling about 40 fields, 10 of them
being function pointers.

I dont think the API was designed with portability in mind. I think its
going to be pretty complex to make a compatability layer, the stack_st in
particular sounds bad.. if that means generating a compatable stack then
im putting it the too hard basket before i spend any more time on it.

Im not experienced in either openssl or gnutls, so maybe im overstating
its complexity.. too complex for me at the moment at least.