Re: The automake issue, and why crippling 1.6 is a bad plan

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net> immo vero scripsit:

> > I don't, AM_MAINTAINER_MODE will remove the need to touch all those
> > files (it makes it so it doesn't generate all the "rebuild autotools
> > files" rules aren't generated unless --enable-maintainer-mode is passed
> > to configure).
>
> This I will try.  I've added it to my TODO list, but it probably will not
> go into the first repackaged version until I'm sure things work properly.
> The packages already change too much for me to be comfortable cramming
> something else in right now.

I've switched to using AM_MAINTAINER_MODE and it is doing pretty good.
There was a long thread in -devel a while back about this subject,
maybe you missed it.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4