Re: The automake issue, and why crippling 1.6 is a bad plan

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 08:01:59PM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> Remember: automake & autoconf should not be something that build
> platforms need worry about - they're only for the maintainer who runs
> them if he changes Makefile.am/configure.{in,ac} before generating the
> diff.  The source package shouldn't *need* them (if it does, I'd
> consider that a bug).

Lots of packages need to make changes to configure.in, I have to make
changes to the one in SDL, for example.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>              Goldfish don't bounce

* netgod opens his mailbox and immediately wishes he hadnt