Re: [DB] is there a free Oracle API [was Re: what about Database?]

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 11:46:26PM +0200, Florian Weps wrote:
> BTW, does anybody know how for example dbishell manages to be in main,
> and still have support specifically for oracle?

dbishell's support for Oracle is entirely a case of "If you have it
installed, then dbishell supports it" -- you'll notice that it doesn't
depend on oracle in any way to work normally, it just happens to know about
oracle from the sense of its internal online help and completion driver
information.

If this still violates policy then I will, of course, split the oracle bits
off into contrib -- but that seems pretty pointless since dbishell works
fine without oracle.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                               http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler          Digital-Scurf Unlimited