How to package Mozilla themes?

I am trying to create a local Debian package of the Mozilla Pinball theme.
This consists only of the pinball.jar file, which the package puts into
/usr/lib/mozilla/chrome, and the file 99pinball, which goes into
/var/lib/mozilla/chrome.d .  Contents of 99pinball are as follows:

skin,install,url,jar:resource:/chrome/pinball.jar!/communicator/
skin,install,url,jar:resource:/chrome/pinball.jar!/editor/
skin,install,url,jar:resource:/chrome/pinball.jar!/global/
skin,install,url,jar:resource:/chrome/pinball.jar!/navigator/
skin,install,url,jar:resource:/chrome/pinball.jar!/forms/
skin,install,url,jar:resource:/chrome/pinball.jar!/messenger/
skin,install,select,pinball

I put "/usr/sbin/update-mozilla-chrome" into my postinst and postrm
scripts, and have the package depend upon
"mozilla-browser (>= 2:0.9.9), mozilla-browser (<< 2:1.0)"
since this is the version of pinball for Mozilla 0.9.9.

The problem is that Mozilla remains blissfully unaware of the new theme
once the package is installed.  Doing "grep -ir pinball /usr/lib/mozilla",
I find that after installing mozilla-pinball, it is mentioned only in
/usr/lib/mozilla/chrome/installed-chrome.txt .
I suspect it must also be listed in /var/lib/mozilla/chrome/chrome.rdf,
which it is not.

What else do I need to do so this package will update Mozilla's themes
correctly?  I have no problems installing the theme into my ~/.mozilla
directory as a normal user, but I want everyone on the system to have
access to it.

Thanks in advance,

--
Kevin McCarty                Physics Department
kmccarty@princeton.edu       Princeton University