Re: release announcement last call

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 03:09:01PM +0300, Dmitry Borodaenko wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 09:52:17PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 01:23:46PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > The Debian Project is pleased to announce the release of Debian GNU/Linux
> > Should that be "The Debian Project" or "Software in the Public
> > Interest?" The potato announcement does say the Debian project.
>
> Debian Project, of course. SPI is merely DP's representative in the real
> world.

If we want to pimp SPI, we could say "The Debian Project of Software in
the Public Interest, Inc.", similar to "The GNU Project of the Free
Software Foundation".

*If* we mention SPI, I think that's how it should be done.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      The noble soul has reverence for
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      itself.