Re: This is how packaging should be done.

Jeremiah Mahler wrote:
> I would not want a system that requires a maintainer to produce packages
> faster. In the article it described a system where anyone could
> contribute non critical packages and they would be available to the
> public immediately.

Sounds like you want a "contributed packages" archive.  A good idea, but it
probably should not be on a Debian server.

> Then, maintainers can, at their leisure, work on the package and approve
> it so that it can be used by users that are only willing to use safe
> packages.

The maintainers could look through the stuff in the contributed packages
archive and choose things to put into Debian.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org