Re: what about Database?

Thanks for all yours feedback. I don't mind talking about database issue
in the devel list. The questions I'm worry about is very hard to track
those questions and once again increase the load of Devel-list. Many people
I know have DB-tool, DB-usage and DB-development for debian type questions
that are not really for devel-list and at the same time the user list
may not able to find a good answer for.
That's why I suggested that. I'm also trying to package my db-tool
into debian but it is still in pre-alpha. I still get a lot of questions
need to ask the existing db-tool maintainer etc. And those questions may
be too low for the devel-list and it would be nice if those questions get
filter from DB-list first. And for some new database like firebird, many
people also be interested to learn about it, (that will not be good for
devel-list and very difficult to get answer form user-list)I'm not sure
what is the procedure of starting a request of starting a mailing list.
But I will support that. May be even unofficeally started at my little
server and see how the respond go.
Please let me know I'm not doing something out of line here.
Thanks

Real Question here: I'm trying to package a Java-Object-Relation-Mapping
+ connection pooling API. The problem is most of the testing I'm running
are under Sun JDK (I'm working on classpath and kissme also, just to let
you know where I stand). If the fact is you will not able to run my package
without NON-debian package, will the package itself able to pass and get
into the officeal list? or I may as well just do it on the side. and leave
it unofficeal?
Thanks
Alex

Florian Weps: