Re: Uninstallable packages in woody

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 10:02:35PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Santiago Vila wrote:
> > Indeed, but will the ftpmasters be willing to apply the required fixes,
> > provided we reach a consensus about what the right fixes are?
>
> I don't see why not.

Neither.

> > The main concern is the override file in ftp-master.
>
> The override file is generated from the dak database. If you would
> make a list of suggested changes they could easily parse with a script
> that would probably help move things along.

(Why is it a concern?)

Yes, it is generated from a table in the database. but no, I dont think
a file that can be parsed by a script will help. I, for one, will not
make any automated changes of this nature to the overrides, without
first manually verifying each change.

Mike.
--
Michael Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>

printk("Penguin %d is stuck in the bottle.\n", i);
	2.0.38 /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/kernel/smp.c