Re: Uninstallable packages in woody

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 06:03:22PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Specifically what I want is:
>
> Conform to the rule that "optional" packages may not conflict.
>
> It is easy to fix: move offending packages into extra.

Go and try to work out what can and cannot be moved. go and take a look
at the incredible complexity of inter-dependencies in packages. you'll
quickly work out that what you propose is actually not that easy. hence
why I usually take a while to pluck up the courage and actually attempt
to fix these things. it is a HUGE drain on time.

Mike.
--
Michael Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>

<seeS> hmm, anyone good with SQL here?
<elmo> err.. sees.. we usually ask you :-/