Re: Uninstallable packages in woody

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> immo vero scripsit:

> > Before that can be done, we need someone who's willing to put in the
> > effort to actually *fix* these problems. For the build issues, we have
> > the various buildd admins. For the conflicts/priority issues, we don't
> > really have anyone consistently making any sort of concerted effort to
> > fix them at all.
> What do you mean by "actually fixing" these problems? AFAIK, nobody
> without ftpmaster access can *actually* fix these problems, we can
> only suggest a reasonable way to fix them.

"Actually fixing" would probably be filing bugs on packages
which are broken, uploading NMUs if they don't get fixed after

On the way to "fixing" the problem, you will probably get 10 thanks
mails, and 1000 hate mails, and about 40 instant xxxx-close messages,
and 20 messages cc'd to control@b.d.o with a line starting with
"severity xxxx wishlist    tags xxx + wontfix unreproducible"
and approx. 2 mails from ftp admins saying "we know of this problem,
we will fix it".

If that doesn't frighten you, please fix the problems!

dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4
Libpkg-guide: http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/