Re: Uninstallable packages in woody

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 01:20:33PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Santiago Vila wrote:
> > > That's not the issue. The issue is why the hell don't we fix the damn
> > > bad dependencies and conflicts once and forever.
> > Because people don't stop uploading packages when you've fixed the
> > bugs, nor do they stop changing the conflicts or adding new depends or
> > rearranging priorities and so on.
> So let's put some mechanism in place so that people are *forced* to
> collaborate (i.e. much like "packages which are not recompiled for all
> architectures will not pass from unstable to testing").

Before that can be done, we need someone who's willing to put in the
effort to actually *fix* these problems. For the build issues, we have
the various buildd admins. For the conflicts/priority issues, we don't
really have anyone consistently making any sort of concerted effort to
fix them at all.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''