Re: New dictionaries-common Policy proposal

On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 17:19, Steve Langasek wrote:

> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 05:10:49PM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> > Agustín Martín Domingo wrote:
>
> > > /----------------------| Ispell dictionary|---------------------------\
> > *snip
> > > | Which ispell dictionary should be the system's default?             |
> > > |                                                                     |
> > > |                  português brasileiro (Brazilian Portuguese)        |
> > > |                  english (American English)                         |
> > >
> > "english" should be British/International English, not American English.
>
> But since this says 'english (American English)' rather than 'english',
> and presumably shows up in the list because the user asked to install
> iamerican and knows what that package is, there should not be a problem
> here.  Just as I don't think 'english (British English)' will be
> confusing to users, or that many will find it hard to pick the one they
> want if these two are displayed side-by-side.

That's fine, it just looked at first glance like the bit on the left
would be unique across all the dictionaries.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant     Have you ever, ever felt like this?  Had strange
http://netsplit.com/      things happen?  Are you going round the twist?