Re: New dictionaries-common Policy proposal

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 05:10:49PM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> Agustín Martín Domingo wrote:

> > /----------------------| Ispell dictionary|---------------------------\
> *snip
> > | Which ispell dictionary should be the system's default?             |
> > |                                                                     |
> > |                  português brasileiro (Brazilian Portuguese)        |
> > |                  english (American English)                         |
> >
> "english" should be British/International English, not American English.

But since this says 'english (American English)' rather than 'english',
and presumably shows up in the list because the user asked to install
iamerican and knows what that package is, there should not be a problem
here.  Just as I don't think 'english (British English)' will be
confusing to users, or that many will find it hard to pick the one they
want if these two are displayed side-by-side.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer