Re: Antigen found HTML/MimeExploit.IFRAME (CA(InoculateIT),CA(Vet)) v irus

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 07:21:38PM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> If no-one nukes the company then what reason do they have to fix their
> servers to not send the spam?

They already have incentive: not being annoying.  If that's not good
enough to get them to fix it (and it's apparently not), I don't think
blackholing the entire company is an acceptable next step.

Also, nuking the From name is likely to stop these messages from other
sources, too.

> I was not suggesting booting anyone off the list.  Just denying them the
> ability to post with a From: address in the bad domain.

In other words, booting them off the list.  (Anyone can always *read*
the list, via the web archives.)

Remember that allowing people to post--preventing filtering messages
that aren't actually spam--is considered very important on Debian lists
(which is why there's a spam header, rather than global filtering).  The
software is installed, and it'd defeat the purpose if it was only used
for *some* annoyances, but not others.

--
Glenn Maynard