Re: lightning quick woody+1 release scenarios (was Re: Wishlist for woody+1)

On Mon, 27 May 2002 09:13:46 +0200
Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

Hi,

> > So no gcc 3.1, no new KDE or Gnome (which I would assume would have a large
> > impact on the tasks), no new dpkg.
>
> no gcc-3.1 would mean to stick with an old over three year old
> compiler which doesn't get the attention and bug fixes that gcc-3.1
> gets.
>
> with gcc-3.1 we'll get a compiler common across all our
> architectures, which will make life a lot easier.

Has gcc-3.1 got enough testing ?

The following is the extra bits of pbuilderrc for pbuilder fanatics:

BASETGZ=/var/cache/pbuilder/base-gcc3.1.tgz
EXTRAPACKAGES="gcc-3.1 g++3.1 pentium-builder"
DISTRIBUTION=sid
export DEBIAN_BUILDARCH=pentium
export DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER=3.1

Does anyone care to rebuild the whole archive and try to
find out what kind of errors are there ?

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer