Re: Wishlist for woody+1

In article <[🔎] 1022465389.437.18.camel@scrooge>,
Brian May  <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> wrote:
>My problem I always have with init=/bin/sh (not sure if emergency mode
>helps or not), is that I always forget that Ctrl+C doesn't work...
>
>Any ideas how to enable Ctrl+C to prevent mishaps like this?

It's because you don't have a controlling tty at that point.
By default if a process is session group leader and it doesn't
have a controlling tty, the first tty it opens becomes the
controlling tty for the sessiongroup.

However /dev/console is special - it doesn't become the
controlling tty just by opening it. You must do some special ioctl()s.
"sulogin" does that for you, and that is what is spawned by init
in single user or "emergency" (-b) mode.

Mike.
--
"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
  - R.D. Lang