Re: Wishlist for woody+1

(No need to Cc me on mailing list posts)

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 12:57:23AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > That seems pretty odd. The non-wishlist, non-merged graph shows the number
> > of bugs is rising, so if that difference (600 fewer open bugs at one time
> > than another) it's an artifact of fixed bugs being closed, wishlist bugs
> > being closed, or bugs with many many merged reports being closed.
> > Is there any way of validating your numbers?
>
> Compare /org/bugs.debian.org/spool/debbugs.trace(the one written to), to
> /org/bugs.debian.org/spool/realtime/debbugs.trace.  My index generator saves a
> copy of that for each run, then diff's it the next time it is run, to find out
> what has changed.

So, in the time since the debbugs.trace file has been doing anything,
13909 bugs have been filed, and 13598 have been archived. That doesn't seem
to validate your numbers.

ajt@master:~$ cat /org/bugs.debian.org/spool/debbugs.trace | grep '^new [1-9][0-9]*$' | wc -l
  13909

ajt@master:~$ cat /org/bugs.debian.org/spool/debbugs.trace | grep '^archive [1-9][0-9]*$' | wc -l
  13598

?

Cheers,
a "a herd of *redundant* cats, no less" j

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''
                    -- http://www.angryflower.com/vegeta.gif