Re: Clarification of WineX packaging request

I would like to add a point that was not mentioned in the previous
thread :

TODAY some are happy to have a Transgaming-packaged version of winex.
That is the case because TODAY debian users form together a significant
(at least not insignificant) customer base for Transgaming. TODAY some
linux users are not considered as being significant because they use a
less-known distribution. TOMORROW debian will perhaps become
insignificant for Transgaming.
This is exactly the reason why we need Free Software (winex not
included), for Freedom FOR Everybody.

If today they claims to be Free but aren't, then they harm the Free
Software Community more than contribute to it.
Wine was not developed by Transgaming, and if they contribute to it
today fine but this is not an excuse to harm us.

I don't care about WineX but I care about Free Software.

Christophe

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.
--English proverb