WineX is non-distributeable, thus not even non-free

> As for the ITP, we have no intention of forcibly stopping Debian from
> packaging the current version of WineX.  Our license allows you to do
> so, provided that none of the servers that serve the non-free archive
> are supported by advertising, or other commercial activity.

Which makes winex non-distributeable.
Even software in non-free needs to be distributeable. Else we would have
to ensure that all debian mirrors are not financed by advertising and
there is NO way to force everybody who wants to set up a local mirror
(for example many universities have a local debian mirror) to remove
the winex package if they are getting money from advertising...

Non-Free means "you should check the docs before using", not "before
mirroring".

So winex doesn't qualify for non-free.

Of course you are welcome to make a private repository containing the
winex packge. People will then have to add one line to apt/sources.list
and get all the benefits.

Gruss,
Erich Schubert

--
erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.