Re: Clarification of WineX packaging request

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 10:34:18AM -0700, Jim Lynch wrote:
> Curious, by "in debian" you mean "in main", right? (I presently assume so
> since non-free and contrib are not in debian, just distributed by.)

That is true, but many people unfortunately suffer from the delusion
that packages in non-free are "part of Debian".

As I understand it, packages in contrib *are* part of Debian, because
they satisfy the Debian Free Software Guidelines.  We put them in a
separate component of the archive because to have them in main would
destroy main's closure over dependency relationships.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      The noble soul has reverence for
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      itself.