Re: Bandwidth monitoring

On Wed, 22 May 2002 02:14, Lawrence Walton wrote:
> Have you thought about mrtg?
> I might be comming into this conversation a day late and a dollar short. :)
> I use it with snmp and linux and it works pretty damn well.

I tried installing mrtg about a year ago on the machine Brian is working on.
I couldn't get it to work.  There was a script to generate a config file
which didn't seem to work in the Debian package (and I didn't have enough
time to work it out properly).

Could you give us a few pointers to what has to be done to get mrtg working
properly on woody?

Brian, mrtg might not solve the task that you have been assigned now (I
presume you want to know which protocols comprise the frame relay traffic),
but the mrtg functionality is needed for other things.