Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> writes:

> Well, instead of jumping at us for pursuing our curiosity (which I think
> you'll agree is warranted), how about suggesting an appropriate list?
> It's not entirely clear what that is, if not d-d or d-h.  (A peek at
> http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/devel.html *might* suggest bug-hurd,
> but I'm not sure.  It's an oddly named list for general discussion, but
> also the only public list on the page.)

For questions about the hurd in general, help-hurd@gnu.org is usually
the right place.  Note that sniping or "you are all doing this wrong"
is not on topic there either.

For the Debian GNU/Hurd porting team, that's
debian-hurd@lists.debian.org.  Note that "what the FHS ought to say"
is not on topic there either.

Neither the Debian GNU Hurd porting team, nor the GNU Hurd project
itself, have any interest in a mailing list in which the uninformed
make random snipes about a project they are essentially not involved
in, so if *that's* what you want, you have to go make your own mailing
list.  Don't expect me to join it.

So: "why is this designed this way?" is a good question for help-hurd,
but "you all are designing this wrong" is not a question at all, and
not on topic there (or perhaps anywhere).

And, in general, random questions with easy answers in the
already-existing documentation will mostly be answered with "go read
the documentation".

Thomas