Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 08:39:12AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> And this is the case with programs in /hurd.  It's just that the special
> environment is nothing that can be provided by just Unix, so having those
> programs in the PATH is pointless.  That's why they aren't in /bin after all.
> >From my personal experience, they are much closer to /bin than /lib.

Doesn't it make sense for it to be in PATH *when* this special
environment exists?  In other words, couldn't settrans add /hurd (or
TRANSPATH, or whatever) to its (and its children's) path?

(I don't know the issue with passive translators; I'm just suggesting
this for convenience, not necessarily as a way to move /hurd.)

Glenn Maynard