Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sun, 19 May 2002, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > Try GNU/Hurd.
> > This is Debian.
> > Debian is going to be released.
> > Release time is an "emergency", where people in Debian
> > are required to be concentrated on releasing something useful.
[...]
> If you are claiming that GNU/Hurd isn't Debian, then start a proposal
> to remove the hurd-i386 port. If the majority of the Debian Developers
> want to see the Hurd port go away, I don't think most Debian GNU/Hurd
> people will continue if that is the result, because it's wasting time
> anyhow (well, it already was for 3 years).

I'm starting to have the feeling that you're missing some important part
of your brain, but just in case:

Nobody's saying The Hurd can't ditch the Debian Way. However, if The Hurd
wants to stay part of Debian, it can not do so.

Note the difference between 'GNU/Hurd' and 'Debian GNU/Hurd'.

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"
  -- From the movie "Antitrust"