Re: CVS directories in debian packages

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 09:16:30AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> All packages I maintain are generated from CVS, and all for-upload packaging
> is done using a clean export, not check out or (worse) built from the
> working directory.  It has a 1s to 5s penalty on build time, and zero extra
> work on my side (instead of dpkg-buildpackage, I type cvs-buildpackage. One
> less character, even...)

I find the easiest way to make sure I get a complete and clean source
package is to add a deb target to my toplevel Makefile:

deb: distdir
        cd $(distdir) && debuild

You don't get the export -kv benefit but I don't think very many packages
need to worry about other people importing from deb sources and stomping
their tags.
--
sam clegg
:: samc@superduper.net