Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 05:02:08AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 06:24:39AM +0200, Wolfgang J?hrling wrote:
> > Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> wrote:
> > > hurd does not exist alone in the universe, it exists alongside debian.
> >
> > True. But for most people in Debian, the Hurd doesn't exist at all and
> > they "don't feel like caring about the Hurd". That is not only my
> > subjective impression, but also what Debian developers said in the past
> > (and some did behave accordingly).
>
> I hope you aren't tarring everyone with the same brush. Some of us are
> quite happy to take good patches no matter where they come from, and try
> to cooperate as best we can with people who are following different
> interests within Debian. I'm sure there are plenty of less vocal people
> who avoid the more emotionally-charged debates but who behave likewise.

It's more directed to the cabals in Debian. I know a lot of package
maintainers are willing to help the Hurd port, but it's made
impossible by small group of people who don't want to cooperate. And
if you say something about it, it's always your fault and not theirs,
because they think that they are holy and don't make mistakes, you are
just a fool wasting their time. And that is just the way the Hurd port
is treated in Debian.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org  IRC ID: jeroen@openprojects