Re: uploading a new version, when there's still one in unstable

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 10:56:13AM +0200, Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:
> On Thu, 16 May 2002, Thomas Lange wrote:
> > What happens, if I upload a new version (example version 1.4) of a
> > package, when there's stil another version (example 1.3) in unstable,
> > which was not yet moved to testing.
> Normaly it would just replace the one in unstable and reset the waiting
> time. But right now Debian is paranormal. Nothing works like it used
> to. Right now testing is frozen and if you touch it you'll get bitten.

Heh.

You can't touch testing directly, the best you can do is touch
woody-proposed-updates; and at the moment that's not autobuilt so it
doesn't do much good. For stuff that _needs_ to go into testing before
release (viz, security updates), the best thing to do is to upload to
unstable now; if that's not going to work (because unstable's already
gone too far beyond whatever's in testing), then for the moment you'll
just have to wait until we have an alternative that works, which is
(still) due RSN.

(and it's _ab_normal, not paranormal)

Cheers,
a "boo!" j