Re: uploading a new version, when there's still one in unstable

To the best of my knowledge ...

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 10:30:56AM +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:
> What happens, if I upload a new version (example version 1.4) of a
> package, when there's stil another version (example 1.3) in unstable,
> which was not yet moved to testing. Will version 1.3 be removed and not go into

Yes.

> testing and 1.4 will have to wait for two weeks ? Or is version 1.3

Yes.

> preserved and will go into testing after some time ? And after some

No.

> time version 1.4 will also go into testing ?
>
> If the first thing happens and I upload a new version every 10 days
> (before the last version goes to testing) no of the new version will

Yes, that's exactly the reason why you should be careful with new
uploads in that timespan.

> go into testing. This will happen only if I only do not upload for at
> least two weeks.

Of course at the moment almost nothing moves into testing, but that will
change once we release. BTW don't we get a frozen dist this time? I.e.
an additional tree named frozen, woody itself surely is frozen.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De