Re: Accepted alsa-lib 0.9.0rc1-1 (i386 source)

Package: libasound2
Version: N/A, whatever's current in sid.  ;)
Severity: Important

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 03:33:14PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> >   On the other hand, they renamed all the modules, so you'll have to
> > redo your configuration after you install it. (snd-card-* => snd-*)
>
> That happened a somewhere between beta4 and beta12. I upgraded a few days
> ago and was pretty much confused at first...

The packages do not sed the output of alsaconf properly still?  They NEED
to do that until alsaconf gets a new version!

It's imperative that alsaconf just work for people if they're going to use
ALSA - it was only by virtue of careful reading of all the docs before I
installed ALSA that I even found the module rename thing, and I was still
bitten by it and didn't know what was wrong at first.  I figured this was
probably taken care of already.  If it has not been, it NEEDS to be.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>     You expected a coherent reply?

<liiwi> so, what's the official way to get buildd to retry a package? prod
        it with a stick?
<Joey> prod neuro
<liiwi> with a stick?
<Joey> yes.