Re: Fix control file?

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 09:23:59PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 03:20:40PM -0400, Thomas Hood wrote:
> > In resolving a priority violation, should the priority
> > declared in the package control file be corrected, or
> > should changes be made only in the override file?
> > (In the latter case, the override file and the control
> > file will end up disagreeing.)
>
> Both.  The override file is the only one that's actually going to take
> effect, though.

And the uploader will get an "override disparity" mail when uploading a
new version which doesn't agree with the override file, so it should be
corrected eventually. When I do an NMU and notice this, I tend to file a
minor-severity bug about it so that it'll be fixed sooner rather than
later - but there's no particular urgency.