Re: Editor Priorities

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 12:50:37PM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:
> The whole is no big deal. After a little thought, I think the *best*
> answer to the whole /usr/bin/editor link is to limit the choices to,
> say, (nano, ee, vi[1]) (in that order, highest to lowest), because the

I like a variation on that idea. How's this: we divide editors into two
categories--newbie-friendly and non-newbie-friendly. All editors in each
category get the same priority (and the friendly ones are obviously
higher priority than the unfriendly ones.) Then instead of trying to
come up with a complicated list of relative values we only need to
define "newbie-friendly". Perhaps something like "screen oriented
text-mode editor with on screen menus". Or whatever.

--
Mike Stone