Re: possible mass-filing of bugs: many shared library packages contain binaries in usr/bin

Jeroen Dekkers@lists.debian-devel@Mon, 6 May 2002 14:33:20 +0200:
>  But we didn't invent libexec. The BSDs have it too and I would not be
>  surprised a lot of non-free Unix variants have it too. Only the FHS
>  doesn't have it because they had no clue why it existed and ignored
>  all existing systems which already has it.=20

Hmmm...

But we didn't invent /usr. The BSDs have it too and I would be surprised
if any Unix didn't have it. Only GNU (Hurd) doesn't have it because they
had no clue why it existed and ignored all existing systems which have
it already.

IOW, the fact that others have it too is not a reason that you should do
the same, I'd think.

--
| lintux : :'  :  lintux.cx |  |       Today's random quote:       |