Re: possible mass-filing of bugs: many shared library packages contain binaries in usr/bin

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 04:41:08PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > The problem is that we don't have /libexec in Debian GNU/Linux (we do
> > in GNU/Hurd).
>
> Are you implying that the Hurd is violating the FHS and thus Debian
> policy?

Yes, but the Hurd port is already violating a lot Debian standars with
a lot more critical things then this, downgrading Hurd-related bugs to
wishlist won't help this. Have 2 required packages waiting for the ftp
admin to just say "yes" doesn't help either.

The GNU Coding Standards already specify /libexec for years, we are
not going to change it because some spin-off of the *Linux* Standard
Base says so. There isn't a GNU/Hurd annex for the FHS either, it will
always violate the FHS without one. I already wrote an annex plus the
needed changes to make the current GNU system compliant with the FHS,
I need to finish the last bits and send it to the FHS mailinglist. I
hope they will accept it.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org