Re: possible mass-filing of bugs: many shared library packages contain binaries in usr/bin

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 12:10:35PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> I'm pretty distressed that people can't find what is wrong
> with having binaries in shared library packages.
>
> They don't upgrade properly.
>
> Fix those bugs.

No.  They are bugs _only if_ the library changes soname, thus
requiring (potentially) two library packages.

Even then, it isn't really a problem, since presumably the
maintainer will remove the binary from the older library
package when packaging the newer soname library.  lib1 depends
on lib2, lib2 conflicts with lib1 << some.version.

dave...