Re: libreadline

Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> writes:

> Just curious: Why?

Suppose the proposal is enacted.  If it is, then I essentially *can't*
have libreadline on my system unless I refuse to have ssl-using
applications.  (Given that having -dev libraries is important to me.)

> If you have libreadline installed, why would you want libeditline
> installed to?

Perhaps I might maintain a package that uses (because of licensing
restrictions or other problems) libeditline.

Perhaps I want to make my entire system available as a place to get
the whole system from.