Tracking package progress?

Hi all,

Could someone please tell me how I can track package progress from
incoming-->unstable-->testing. I'd like to know how I can find out at
any time how long a package has to wait before it will be moved into
unstable and testing.

The impetus for asking is that base-config 1.33.17 is broken and
continues to be left in Woody. And a forced replace has not happened:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2002/debian-boot-200205/msg00047.html

So is there anywhere I can go to see that x hours/days are left before a
package will be moved into testing?

When a package is broken in testing it seems unfortunate that a
developer can't replace that package without having to wait days for it
to move from unstable to testing.

Regards,
Adam