Re: [debconf] displaying postinst-specific messages

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 05:25:31PM +0200, Emmanuel le Chevoir wrote:
> I'd really like to find a way to workaround the problem, but it's not
> that easy. In fact, I have to create a user in my postinst. But adduser
> can fail (e.g. if the host is using NIS or LDAP), and I'd like to warn
> the user he has to add the user himself in this case.

Why don't you try to guess if the system allows you to create the user in
the config script and then base the postinst on the seen flag of this question?

lintian will not warn and you will make a better use of debconf (IMHO).

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have