Re: SPAM mails marking bugs as done?

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> Daniel Lutz <danlutz@debian.org> wrote:
> > I received the mail included below from the BTS. A mail
> > sent to <89286-close@bugs.debian.org> marked bug #89286 as
> > done. But the appropriate mail itself seems to be SPAM!

[...]

> > Is this possible? Can really anyone mark a bug as done?

[...]

> Imvho this issue (spam accidentally closes or marks as forwarded)
> would be solved if it was simply required that all messages to control
> xxx-done or xxx-forward had to either start with some magic line
> (similar to submit which requires "Package: foo") or include some
> X-Header. (Not all MUAs allow adding arbitrary headers.)

It could also be solved by simply stripping header information from the
bug reports in the web interface to the bts, as this happens only to
reopened bugs.  If you really need the full text, you can get it by email.

I have an email address which I used exclusively for mails to the bts.  It
got spammed several times shortly after I used it.  The other day someone
posted the clever idea that you should not put your email address on a
website if you don't want spam.  I'm sorry to say that you shouldn't
communicate through the Debian bts either.

regards manolo