Re: 88 Priority violations in woody

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 02:30, Adam Heath wrote:
> * Were was this discussed on this mailing list?  All such mass filings
> should be discussed here first, before being filed.  Not after.

You're right.  I did post a question about this earlier in the
day yesterday, but I didn't wait long enough for replies.  I
guess the problem was that I didn't see how one could object to
someone reporting clear policy violations, especially in light of
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200204/msg02035.html
No one denies that these are bugs.  Given the number of bugs,
though, I did expect that the RM would choose to ignore them.

(As it happened, I stumbled across the first bug, found another ... and
after looking up the qa page decided that for completeness I should
report them all so that they could all be dealt with at once and in
the same way (as has been done).)

I'm not sure why you are so upset (as you seem to be).  Over the past
month we have closed about 30 of the 70 "RC" bugs.  At that rate woody
won't be out for another month, so there is still time to fix
small "serious" bugs (if we think they're worth fixing).  If you
say that many of the remaining 45 "RC" bugs are ignored, then that's
fine --- ignore these too.

All this makes me wonder how many other bugs have been swept under
the rug in order to get woody out by a deadline.

--
Thomas