Re: 88 Priority violations in woody

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 07:26, Thomas Hood wrote:
> I'm not sure why you are so upset (as you seem to be).  Over the past
> month we have closed about 30 of the 70 "RC" bugs.  At that rate woody
> won't be out for another month, so there is still time to fix
> small "serious" bugs (if we think they're worth fixing).  If you
> say that many of the remaining 45 "RC" bugs are ignored, then that's
> fine --- ignore these too.

This close to the release, the release manager has a lot of work to do
already.  Evaluating nearly 100 release-critical bugs two days before
the big release date is a huge additional burden.

> All this makes me wonder how many other bugs have been swept under
> the rug in order to get woody out by a deadline.

With 9000+ packages on 11 architectures, it's been shown that it's
impossible to get the RC bug list to zero.  This is especially true if
policy violations are considered release-critical.

As a result, we have to look at the remaining bugs and decide which ones
we're going to ignore for now.  Policy mistakes and other problems which
affect users minimally are at the top of that list.