Re: writing a release announcement

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 04:51:01PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> This is the first version of Debian to feature cryptographic software
> integrated into the distribution, rather than as an optional add-on.
> OpenSSH[1] and GNU Privary Guard are included in the default install, and

The footnote does not appear to be necessary.  OpenSSH doesn't include
OpenSSL, it just links against it.

> [1] This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project
>     for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/)

I would drop this footnote entirely.

> For the first time, Debian comes with the KDE desktop environment. The
> GNOME desktop environment is upgraded to version 1.4, and X itself is

Please say "XFree86", not "X".  "X" means "X Window System", and the
version of that in woody is Version 11, Release 6.5.1.

> [ XXX should I mention DVD? ]

Unless there is a DVD-ROM vendor lined up by release time, I'd say no.
:(

> [ Should dedications be mentioned here? ]

I would say so.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |         De minimis non curat lex.